Mexico Computer Lab finally set up

Kevin Cole kjcole at ubuntu.com
Fri May 5 11:21:40 UTC 2006

James Call wrote:

>I wonder if having a "success story" section on the edubuntu.org page
>might be useful for schools looking to convince their administrators.
>
>Here is a link with the story of our lab (so far)
>
>http://manueldublan.org/computerlab/

Very nice!  We're still fleshing out our site but here's one of the
labs the DC LoCo has set up which can also be added to your success
stories.

http://dc.ubuntu-us.org/sites/twu.php

The students here are JUST beginning. Many have never used a keyboard
or mouse before, and are still becoming comfortable via KDEedu apps,
games, etc.  However, I think we're moving into e-mail shortly, and
it may be fun to establish some pen pals to our south...

--
 Kevin Cole                    |  Key ID: 0xE6F332C7
 Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo Team     |     WWW: http://dc.ubuntu-us.org/

 "Using vi is not a sin. It's a penance." -- St. IGNUcious, Church of Emacs