Mailing list name

Jonathan Carter jonathan at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 16 09:16:30 UTC 2006

Hi Jane

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 10:38 +0200, Jane Weideman wrote:
> He proposes 2 lists, 'edubuntu-devel' and 'edubuntu'users'.
>
> With this in mind it is unlikely we can change the current norms and use
> totally diff conventions like ' edubuntu-tech' and 'edubuntu-educators'
> etc.
>
> Is creating *3* lists the solution?
> 'edubuntu-devel'
> 'edubuntu'users' and
> 'edubuntu-educators'

3 Lists would be nice, but I think we're both to small for that, and it would add more confusion, and it would mean yet-another-mailing list for someone to subscribe to.

I propose we keep edubuntu-devel as it is, then add an
edubuntu-educators, using it as both a support list, and for curriculum
development and related discussions. So some educators need to read the
occasional sound card problem, I don't think it's that big of a problem.
When it does grow bigger, and we have, let's say, at least 5 support
questions a day, then we split to a -users group. Since most of our
anticipated users would be educators, and since a lot of our users are
also developers, it seems that most of our audience fall under either of
these two. I think the -devel/-educator split is the best at this stage,
and then we review in three months.

Am I making sense?

-Jonathan