Mailing list name

Jane Weideman janew at hbd.com
Wed Mar 15 09:17:26 UTC 2006

Hi Jonathan et al

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 10:44 +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 13:18 -0500, Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:
> > Forgive me if this isn't stricly a "devel" question, but it's a bit
> > long for IRC and there's apparently not a "users" list for Edubuntu
> > that I can see at least.
>
> No problem at all, this list is intended for both users, developers,
> documentation team, the Flint, and all other community members.

LOL. That really made me chuckle. Thanks.
(I agree flint is in a class of his own) ;)

>  I think
> the -devel may be a bit misleading, I talked to ogra about it on IRC and
> he suggested that we rename the list to just edubuntu (perhaps something
> that can be discussed at the meeting this afternoon).

Ubuntu has separate devel and user lists. When we started Edubuntu (in
July 2005) our community and support base was so small, that we felt
splitting would cause to much fragmentation.

The reasoning was to create the devel channels first, and if when the
traffic grew to big to manage we would spilt the user support and
discussion off.

Has this time arrived yet? I am not sure, as Oliver still answers the
bulk of the questions.

However we do have a burgeoning community and it's lovely to see others
stepping in with support and suggestions.

Let's discuss this here and in today's meeting and make a decision.

regards,
JaneW
--
JaneW