Dapper LTSP login

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 9 11:18:35 UTC 2006

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 09.03.2006, 11:05 +0000 schrieb Alistair Crust:
> Hi,
> 	I'm trying out edubuntu dapper and I've come along a few problems.
>
> Firstly the image 20060303 failed on "building LTSP Chroot" I checked
> the md5sum, verified the cd its self, checked my burner hadn't
> over-sized the iso, even burnt it again at 7 speed. but no luck still
> the same problem.
the image was oversized, pretty sure not all packages were on the CD
(which breaks the install)
we'll release flight5 the next days where you can assume that the CD is
in shape and and basically tested to install properly...

> So I download flight-4 install it this morning, which works, update it
> which works (Bar a failed language pack). looks cool, even my boss is
> impressed ;-)
>
> So now I test it out, so on the server i add another user, boot my thin
> client, I get a login screen (prettier than the old ones i've seen) try
> to login on the client.....and all i get is black screen with a watch,
> then a cross, then the login screen again. The server is logging the
> client bootup, but no login attempt is being logged.
thats a known bug i hope to have solved before flight5, the ssh keys are
not copied on install, you can fix that by manually running:

sudo ltsp-update-sshkeys

for more info see the recent "Testing questions" thread in this mailing
 list...

ciao
	oli