Fwd: Re: Administration tools

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas.pettiaux at ael.be
Mon Jun 19 16:14:02 UTC 2006

> > With respect to Edubuntu, as it is a variant of Ubuntu, its requests
> > for specification are managed within the launchpad.net tool.
>
> Sorry, I do not understand this sentence. What is the launchpad.net tool?

Launchpad.net is a tool that has been developped by Canonical, who
manage the developpement of Ubuntu to have a process that is as open
as possible, while very well comprehensive too. It allows to define
the specification, see who does what, manage translations through the
web ...

It can be used for any free software too.

I suppose you'll understand more with an example

Look at

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+spec/student-control-panel-completion

This page describes the specification of a tool
(student-control-panel) available in Edubuntu that allows to manage
the displays of the students. It could be useful to the other projects
too.

In order to develop this  student-control-panel tool, specifications
have been written, people are concerned ...

Evrything is supposedly managed within launchpad.net

is this clearer ?

Nicolas
Nicolas Pettiaux - email: nicolas.pettiaux at ael.be