Can't install Edubuntu on a new PC

Robert Citek rwcitek at alum.calberkeley.org
Sun Jul 23 02:43:09 UTC 2006

On Jul 22, 2006, at 12:41 PM, Mariana Curado Malta wrote:
> I booted the PC from the CD and Edubuntu menu appeared. It was like
> Ubuntu/Kubuntu (I have installed already many Ubuntu/kubuntu
> machines with success). After partitioning, and after time and
> local and user settings it started installing the basic system.

An alternative way to install Edubuntu is to install Ubuntu server
and then install the Edubuntu desktop with 'apt-get install edubuntu-
desktop'.  I think I found this tip on the Edubuntu wiki.  Google or
search the wiki for 'apt-get install edubuntu-desktop'.

Good luck and let us know what you try and how things go.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent