Edubuntu and California Educators Show

Steve Hargadon steve.hargadon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 20:05:23 UTC 2006

Jane (et al.):

We met in Montreal.  I was with the LTSP group, and arrived a day late.

I'm providing 40 thin-client Linux lab at the CUE.org show in March in
Palm Springs, California.  We're doing a series of workshops on open
source programs for education in the lab, and will have information on
linux and open source for the attendees of the show.  I was involved
in setting up a similar area  in Philadelphia last year at the NECC
show (our country's largest educational technology conference), and
will do so again this summer.

I run LTSP a little differently than most in the group--we have
something we call a "netbooter," which is a pc that just runs ltsp and
boots up the thin clients, and then we can connect to any server
running Linux.  Which is why we've been running Ubuntu thin client for
a long time.  :)  We'll likely set most of the workstations at the CUE
show up as Ubuntu/Edubuntu thin clients, and I'd like to have a large
supply of Edubuntu CDs to give away.  Can you hook me up on that?

I've also got one or two hour-long slots still available for
presentations at the lab, and was wondering if you have anyone you
might like to have speak/present on Edubuntu?  (Asking the group as
well!)  There will be a mic and a projector at the front of the lab.
We're also doing sessions on Open Office, Moodle, and Drupal.

Thanks for any input/help.

Steve
--
Steve Hargadon