Interactive Geometry

acentomo at libero.it acentomo at libero.it
Tue Feb 28 09:57:36 UTC 2006

Hello,
        I give my one cent about interactive geometry software.

At the moment there are several possibilities:

Kig: is very similar to Cabri but Kig includes many more functionalities.
     Not only for the great amount of implemented functions (conics,
     cubics, homology, ...) but also for the possibility of programming
     in Python. Possibly few people are aware of PyKig module to include
     file written in a like Logo language in Kig.

Dr. Geo 1.1: with less functionalities with respect to Kig it provides a very good programming environment in Scheme. It allows animations.

GeoGebra: is a Java based package for Algebra Calculus and Geometry. Quite original the integration of these different subjects. It allows the import of images.

Geonext: if you are looking for a Java application take into account also Geonext

http://geonext.uni-bayreuth.de/

Best wishes
Andrea