Suggestions for Edubuntu Syllabus?

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg-lists.ubuntu.com at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Feb 28 00:34:24 UTC 2006

hi Susan--

On February 27, saddingt at csusb.edu said:

 > 1. Suppose I decide to put up short "how to" movies: screen captures
 > showing how to do various things in a spreadsheet, for example. What
 > format would be best? Quick time? Something else?

for a simple screen capture, it's probably better to use something
like GIF or SWF, since more people have renderers for those formats
than for quicktime.

Steve Kemp has a good piece on vnc2swf for capturing SWF movies here:

and byzanz seems to be an up-and-coming tool for making screencap
movies as animated GIFs:

  http://www.gnomefiles.org/app.php?soft_id=1261

hth,

	--dkg