Edubuntu Cookbook report

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Sun Feb 12 20:01:06 UTC 2006

hi,
Am Sonntag, den 12.02.2006, 14:31 -0500 schrieb Kevin Cole:
> > real world edubuntu use. For example a way to manage windows software
> > (with wine) systemwide.
>
> Side dishes!  I like it.  (And "wine" makes an interesting pun on its
> own.)

please be very very careful with such things and point out to the user
that he will violate eula and license as soon as he runs the app on
ltsp, you cant use windows apps that have a single user license on ltsp
without violating the license ...
we considered inclusion of wine into the default install during the
edubuntu summit last summer and cam to the conclusion that it should be
up to the user to decide themselves if they like to go to jail ;)

ciao
	oli