[Fwd: Re: Problem booting edubuntu thin client in vmware]

Karl Goetz kamping_kaiser at internode.on.net
Fri Dec 15 12:23:09 UTC 2006

somehow this ended up off list, sorry.
kk

On 15/12/06, *Karl Goetz* < kamping_kaiser at internode.on.net
<mailto:kamping_kaiser at internode.on.net>> wrote:

    Peter Savage wrote:

    >     >
    >     try booting it without the splash screen and see what the error it
    >     gives is.
    >     kk
    >
    >     --
    >

    > What booting the thin client?  If so, where do I disable that option?
    > Presumably you have to edit the pxelinux config to take out the splash
    > option?

    sudo $EDITOR /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/pxelinux.cfg/default

    change the (only) line:
    DEFAULT vmlinuz ro initrd= initrd.img quiet splash

    to be without 'splash' (and if you want verbose, without 'quiet' as
    well)

    more info on the config file in question in this file:
    /usr/share/doc/syslinux/pxelinux.doc (its a text file)
    kk

    Thanks Karl, didn't think of trying that.  Will give that a go
    later, is this a known problem?

I dont know. i just know i used that exact method to work out why
terminals werent booting right ;)

since your using vmware, remember you might need to make nfs mounts
insecure (depends on your vmwares settings iirc though).
kk

--
Karl Goetz
User of gNewSense: Free as in Freedom - http://www.gnewsense.org