LTSP without Edubuntu

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 24 08:32:42 UTC 2006

hi,
On Do, 2006-08-24 at 01:55 +0100, Steve Smith wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm going to be setting up LTSP on Dapper but I don't want the
> Edubuntu desktop, etc.  Should I follow the instructions here
> (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ThinClientHowto), which haven't
> been updated since Breezy, or is there an easier way?

it once was written as easy as the page pointed below, but many
community additions made it very complicated for the common user to
read. but since i think there is valuable info on it, i rather created
the page below than deleting stuff from the older thin client howto
page ... it should probably be linked from there.

> I guesed this would be the most reliable place to ask :)

right, it is :)
see:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/LTSPQuickInstall

ciao