Fwd: A small problem with edubuntu...

Mariana Curado Malta mariana.malta at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 09:19:54 UTC 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mariana Curado Malta <mariana.malta at gmail.com>
Date: Aug 23, 2006 10:19 AM
Subject: Re: A small problem with edubuntu...
To: ankit mohan <find.ankit at gmail.com>

Hi,

The first question I do not know how to answer beacuse I have a DSL
conection with a router so it is so automatic! But have a look in:
http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Dapper#How_to_install_Broadband_ADSL.2FPPPoE_Client_.28RP-PPPoE.29

But the second I can tell you the following:
1. in a console do cat /proc/partitions  which contains a list of all disks
and partitions recognized by the system
2. you have to configurate your /etc/fstab file for that do vi /etc/fstab
and insert the lines of your other disks. If you don't know how to do I need
you to send me the result lines of point 1

For instante, if you have a IDE disk hdb with one partition you should write
in your fstab the following

/dev/hdb1   /media/hdb1    auto   rw,user,auto  0   0

if it is a widnows filesystem instead of auto write ntfs, if it is a linux
ext2 or ext3 you shuld write ext2 or ext3...

auto for the system to mount the disk during the boot time.

You have also to define a directory for the mount point (mkdir /media/hdb1)
if it doesn't exist. And you have to give access to you (as a user) to read
and write on that directory.

Anyone if you have more problems or if you don't inderstand anything I said
just keep posting!

Good luck!
Mariana
On 8/22/06, ankit mohan <find.ankit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,

This is for the first time that I am posting to this mailing list, so I
think I should introduce myself first... I'm Ankit, and a new edubuntu user.
In fact it was only yesterday that I recieved my "ship it" request.

But, I've already run into problems with it! I know its a very trivial
question, but I can't seem to figure out a way to configure my PPPoE
internet on edubuntu. Any help would be appreciated. Moreover, why can't I
access my other logical drives... isn't there a way to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Ankit.

Mariana Curado Malta
R Dr Eduardo Torres nº 579 3º Esq Frente
4450-117 Matosinhos
Tlf: + 351 22 01 300 78
mariana.malta at gmail.com
--