edubuntu-devel Digest, Vol 15, Issue 7

John Ingleby john at coronet.co.uk
Mon Aug 21 12:50:06 UTC 2006

> From: Niko Lewman <niko.lewman at edu.hel.fi>
> Date: Aug 19, 2006 2:45 AM
> Subject: [gcompris] GCompris in Finland
> To: gcompris at ofset.org
> Cc: Bruno Coudoin <bruno.coudoin at free.fr>
>

> Hi all
>
> A lot has happened here during the summer, but I try to be brief.
> The National board of Education realized that they ought to start supporting
> schools implementing FOSS and FLOSS software. Now we have two projects,
> Technical and Pedagogical. I am the chairman and the main contributor of the
> Pedagogical team. Our goal is to publish concise document for the teachers of
> what software is out there and how to use it.
>
> We have also localized edubuntu and we shall ship it to all the schools.
>
> I will translate the
> http://gcompris.net/wiki/index.php/GCompris_en_classe
>
> into English and Finnish, if that's ok?
>
> Keep up the good work, we try to spread it up here in the North too!

Niko,

For a few years now, Schoolforge-UK have been compiling a table of FLOSS
software for education, organised under broad subject categories. It's
at:

http://www.schoolforge.org.uk/index.php/Free%
2C_Libre_and_Open_Source_Software_solutions_for_Education

Hope you may find it helpful.

Best wishes,

John Ingleby
Secretary - Schoolforge-UK - www.schoolforge.org.uk