Window$ & Edubuntu sharing the same sda

Michael michael at wizmic.co.za
Tue Aug 1 21:53:24 UTC 2006

Hi, It sounds like windows isn't detecting the hard drive properly, ie only
sees it as a 130gb hard drive not the full 250gb. Therefore when you install
edubuntu and create a 150gb partition, it might be changing the partition
table on the hard drive and causing Windoze to crash.

If this is the case, you have 2 options :

Install a second hard drive as the primary master hard drive exclusivly for
Windows. I sugest a 80gig or 120gig drive as it looks like windows dosn't
like hard drives over 130 gigs on your particular motherboard. Install
windows on the new hard drive. Once windows is installed and runnung on the
new hard drive, install Edubuntu onto the 250gig hard drive.

The second option is to try get windows to recognise the 250gig hard drive
as a 250gig hard drive. To do this either try a BIOS update, get updated
motherboard drivers for the windows install or get an updated version of
windows xp.

Good Luck