India Enquiry - 1. Localising the Software - Tamil

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 1 11:46:44 UTC 2006

On Di, 2006-08-01 at 13:38 +0200, Richard Weideman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am following up a call for some help from India.
>
> Can anyone comment on whether there is any translation work in this
> direction for Ubuntu / Edubuntu ?
>
> 1. Localising the Software
>
> = The medium of instruction in government schools is Tamil.

we have tamil translation packs and translation is done through
lauchpads rosetta system (https://launchpad.net/rosetta ) by the tamil
translation team (as every other language)

ogra at edubuntu:~$ apt-cache search tamil|grep "\-ta"
kde-i18n-ta - Tamil (ta) internationalized (i18n) files for KDE
language-pack-gnome-ta - GNOME translation updates for language Tamil
language-pack-gnome-ta-base - GNOME translations for language Tamil
language-pack-kde-ta - KDE translation updates for language Tamil
language-pack-kde-ta-base - KDE translations for language Tamil
language-pack-ta - translation updates for language Tamil
language-pack-ta-base - translations for language Tamil
language-support-ta - metapackage for Tamil language support
openoffice.org-l10n-ta-in - Tamil language package for OpenOffice.org
scim-tables-additional - miscellaneous input method data tables for SCIM
platform
ttf-tamil-fonts - Free TrueType fonts for the Tamil language
aspell-ta - Tamil Wordlist for Aspell
koffice-i18n-ta - Tamil (ta) translations for KOffice

ciao
	oli