Testimonials

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 06:54:32 UTC 2006

On 7/31/06, Carsten Agger <agger at c.dk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to write a small article about Edubuntu as a children's/education
> distro.
>
> I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but do you know how
> many and which schools/educational institutions are actually using Edubuntu?
>
> I've installed it myself and been tinkering a bit with it, and it's
> easy to see how the education/edutainment programs and games for young
> children etc. would appeal to small children - and it's nice to see how
> easily this combines with a very powerful set of office and multimedia
> applications - but with a standalone installation it's obviously
> difficult for me  to assess the more technical aspects (thin-client
> operations, calendar and attendance registration integration, etc.).
>
> So - if possible, maybe somebody could point me to some examples of
> "testimonials" or practical examples?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Carsten

When I get off my arse, I will actually finish a case study I have
about half done that will cover Tuxlabs. Until then there is a good
story that was written about the Tuxlabs. Jonathon Carter can dig it
up for you.

As for other schools, I am not certain. There are a fair number of
others, which don't have a good idea of who and where.

Corey