My cool introduction

Jordan Erickson jerickson at logicalnetworking.net
Tue Apr 18 18:25:00 UTC 2006

Hey all,

I'm Jordan Erickson - I own a small network consulting and support
company in Northern California. I've started following Edubuntu heavily
in the recent months, and have just 2 weeks ago started my first
Edubuntu thin client network with a customer of mine. Things are going
well, they're on Dapper Flight-6 (I know I know...but it just looks so
much better!) We're ironing out bugs as we go (most of which I'm
associating with the server being a dual PIII 550 with only 512MB ram).
It serves 6 laptops as thin clients, with another 6-7 workstations in
the works.

I did have a question which I saw a little bit of before - The "Users
and Groups" GUI seems to act up sometimes, acting very sluggish and
sometimes not starting up at all (with a 'working' mouse cursor
remaining in Gnome), even under little/no other network/server load.

Any insight would be greately appreciated - the kids love Edubuntu! I'm
going to be submitting some things that might be of use to the Edubuntu
community, such as actual child surveys on the system (what they
like/don't like), and possibly some lesson plans involving Edubuntu that
the staff are creating as I type.

Sincerely,
Jordan
Logical Networking Solutions