Observations so far

Rick Fitzsimmons rickfitzsimmons at iname.com
Thu Sep 22 22:58:21 UTC 2005

...and a couple more usability observations:

Thin client log-on dialog loses focus when the mouse pointer moves off
it. This confused my daughter when she tried it. Click in username box,
move mouse out of the way, type username - nothing. Had to show her to
keep the mouse pointer in the box. Not a major issue but a potential
irritation to normal (ex Windows) users.
Also, there's no shutdown option for the client. Unless I've missed
something, you have to force power off with the power button. That's
something I try to train people NOT to do.

I understand client keyboard localisation is on the way...

Cheers,
Rick.