Serial Mouse

raj kumar sarkar rajsarkar at rediffmail.com
Mon Oct 31 09:02:52 UTC 2005

Dear Friends,

I am a linux newbie. I have two very old PCs in which I have been trying to install Edubuntu 5.10 preview version. Everything went normal except that the mouse was not working. I searched through Ubuntu Forum and understood that the problem is due to the serial mouse. So I tried to configure the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and changed the device from "dev/input/mice" to "dev/ttyS0" and changed the protocol to "Microsoft" as was prescribed in the UbuntuForum. But it did not work.

Pls help me to rectify the problem.

Regards,

Raj