LTSP-Edubuntu

Jim McQuillan jam at McQuil.com
Tue Oct 18 20:44:05 UTC 2005

Willem,

I'm thinking you didn't follow the ThinClientHowto on the Ubuntu site.

keep in mind that the LTSP that ships with Ubuntu is significantly
different from the LTSP that comes from the LTSP.org website.  It has
to be different, in order to be part of a distribution.

The Ubuntu developers (mdz, Ogra and others) have done such an excellent
job of putting together the pieces that you really just need to follow
the document that they provide.

The fact that you are trying to get xdmcp working is an indication that
you've gone further than the doc, because Ubuntu's LTSP doesn't use
xdmcp, it uses ssh to log you into the server from the client.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org