Education menu disappears

Oliver Grawert ogra at
Tue Oct 18 08:53:25 UTC 2005

Am Dienstag, den 18.10.2005, 03:20 +0000 schrieb raj kumar sarkar:
> Hi friends,
> Disappearence of "Education" from menu seems to be a bug. I installed
> Edubuntu 5.10 preview in three PCs (intel). All gave the same
> problem.
> Pls forward a solution to this problem.
the solution is easy, just upgrade to the latest kernel, the
disappearance of the menu is caused by a bug in the kernelcode that is
responsible for monitoring the menu directory, it was fixed about 3
weeks before the final release in kernel version 2.6.12-9.14 [1] ...
just upgrade your system from the preview version to the final