Laptop thin client.

Rick Fitzsimmons rickfitzsimmons at iname.com
Sun Oct 16 19:57:10 UTC 2005

I'd like to use an old laptop as an Edubuntu thin client, but it uses a
PCMCIA network adapter. I can't find any way to PXE or EtherBoot it
because it needs PCMCIA (cardbus) drivers.

Could I put a minimal installation onto its hard drive, and let that
connect to my Ubuntu-LTSP server as a thin client? Or is there another
way to do this? I've experimented a bit, but I'm out of my depth on this
one :-(

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. I wonder if this
would be a useful setup for school labs with limited space or poor
security (as laptops can be locked away in a cupboard overnight).

Thanks,
Rick.