mistake in www.edubuntu.org ? and translations?

Jane Weideman janew at hbd.com
Wed Nov 23 11:56:46 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 01:25 -0300, Mauricio Hernandez wrote:
> In the manifesto part, all points mention Edubuntu BUT the last one:
>
> "Ubuntu is entirely committed to the principles of free and open
> source software development..."
>
> Is it ok? Should it say Edubuntu instead?

Yes I would think so.

Jonathan: Can we ask you to edit that please?

> Also, I have translated that page into spanish but I did not know
> where to put it (it's is html) so I placed it in
> http://www.tecnocimiento.cl/EdubuntuChile which I expect one day soon
> to become the Edubuntu LoCo Team is Communty Council agrees to have me
> as member :)
>
> Which leads me to the other question?
>
> How are we going to deal with translations? Where will they be placed?

As far as I am aware there are 2 ways to handle this:

Either By creating a separate section in the wiki i.e.
wiki.edubuntu.org/Chile/EdubuntuPress

or, creating a version of each page individually i.e.
wiki.edubuntu.org/EdubuntuPress/CI

 I think we need to see if there is consensus on which approach is best
and which will be easier to manage.

----
I did a quick search on the Ubuntu wiki and see that there the alt
language pages have foreign wiki names too... which brings in a third
possibility.

regards
JaneW

--