Lack of ppc support

Gifford Tallmadge tallmadge_g at 4j.lane.edu
Tue Nov 8 18:25:18 UTC 2005

Hello:

I was wondering why there is no PPC version of Edubuntu?

Here in the US, older PPC apple iMacs(G3 processors running at 400-500mhz)
are very inexpensive, there all in one design keeps deployment costs
affordable, and they are just great machines.

My current task is putting together a computer training lab deploying the
iMacs and am frustrated that I cannot offer Edubuntu as  one of the Linux
components.

Having a PPC version would greatly expand the affordability of bridging the
digital divide and providing for needed service to many minority students.

Gifford Tallmadge,

Computer Training and Certification Coordinator,
NATIVES Indian Education Program