[Fwd: REVISED Edubuntu Logos]

Rick Fitzsimmons rickfitzsimmons at iname.com
Fri Jun 24 09:14:28 UTC 2005

I'd avoid colour separation altogether.
In the real world, things get photo-copied or printed in monochrome.
Whatever is chosen must work well in grey-scale as well, and different
colours often don't.
Also, using a single colour avoids choosing "ed" or "buntu" as the
contracted part, so "education" and "ubuntu" get equal precedence.

As for the graphic, I personally hate educational logos showing teachers
wearing mortar-boards, especially with a bright red face and black gown
underneath. It's an image of education that I'd rather see consigned to
history. (Maybe that's a reflection on my own school days!)

So my clear favourite is number 1.

Cheers,
Rick.