Skubuntu Screenshots

Edward Holcroft edward at netday.org.za
Mon Jun 20 07:17:12 UTC 2005

OK, I see I have the wrong end of the stick. You are no longer using
K12LTSP at all.

So now what happens to those 100 plus schools where the Tuxlabs are
K12LTSP based?

What's the upgrade process? How does data, home directories and
usernames get easily imported into what is a very different distro? I
am asking this because I am interested in converting about 33
schools, widely dispersed over four provinces to the Ubuntu-based
distro. Since the cost of going to each site to upgrade is
prohibitive, we need a way for the centre manager to just boot off a
CD and K12LTSP magically becomes Skubuntu. This is a big ask, I know,
but essential, since our site admins (with maybe one or two
exceptions) do not yet have the technical expertise to manually back
up user data and usernames, install a new distro and put everything
back.

Comments?

cheers
ed