Edubuntu Logos

Matt Galvin matt.t.galvin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 16:10:15 UTC 2005

On 6/17/05, Jane Weideman <janew at hbd.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I first Edubuntu Logo proposals have been completed.
> http://www.edubuntu.org/EdubuntuLogo
>
> Please go and have a look and let us know what you think.
> Your comments and criticisms are welcome.

My favorite is #7, it shows the full regular Ubuntu logo, staying true
to our roots while showing students in graduation gown with cap
showing not just students or a book, but it shows SUCCESSFUL students.
I think this may help portray Edubuntu as a learning tool that can
actually help students learn better and help them be even more
successful in their studies.

#2 && #3 are also nice but give me a little to much of a
"stand-in-line"-ish feel, and Ubuntu is about freedom and creativity,
not conformity.

Great job, none of them suck ;)

My 2 cents US.

Matt