Edubuntu Launch Traget Market & the tuXlabs Cookbook

Mauricio Hernandez mhz.chile at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 12:35:03 UTC 2005

Edubuntu is maybe one of the most interesting pojects for education,
here in Chile. So far, not many people know about it, but they will,
after 1st release.

In Chile, only few people understand and feel confident with english
-unfortunately. So, I can offer myself to collaborate with the
translation of some CookBook into Spanish (Chilean, at least, because
I know there are some differences between Spanish and Latinamerican
spanish. Actually, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela, Mexico, Argentina,
Chile, we all write kind of a very similar formal Spanish but
different from the one in Spain).

Obviously, I would insist again on the fact that a MoinMoin WikiBook
style is very efficient. And, AFAIK, some edubuntu guys have been
working on a MoinMoin > DocBook parser, which will help others to get
a well layedout print out. Besides, if a "contributor" fellow does
know how to write any plain text document, then it will be enough, and
he'll be ready to puth his hands on a collaborative writing.

Also, that would help on getting good positioning of Ubuntu/Edubuntu
on people's minds, by being maybe the first LinuxDistro whose docs are
available both ways.

--
Cordialmente,

Mauricio Hernandez Z.

"Hell is repeating someone else's mistakes" (JPS)