(OT)Re: how to submit artwork

Jonathan Carter jonathan at shuttleworthfoundation.org
Mon Jul 11 12:47:25 UTC 2005

Steve Torrefranca wrote:
> thanks Pallav.
>
> I guess the only people who find wiki easy to use at first glance are
> c/c++/bash/ruby/python.  well maybe its not that wiki is hard to use but
> we as java web dev who are just impatient to dig up and learn a new web
> interface.  wiki is not just how we think and operate i guess.
>
> more ideas anyone?  i am forwarding this thread to a non-profit org.

Wiki really isn't that hard to learn. At the very least, all you need to
know is how to click on "edit page" and type away. The only place where
you'll need to know some mark-up, is if you want to do bold text,
italics, headings, etc. And even there, moin-moin wiki is kind enough to
explain this to us at the bottom of the editor, so learning how to use
the wiki only requires that someone takes 5 minutes to show you how to
use it.

Although, I can understand how a wiki can be totally confusing when you
look at it the first time. I was completely confused when I started
using wikis for the first time. Mediawiki is quite a bit easier to get
started with, since it has a very nice interface, on the other side,
MoinMoin is quite nice with the RightSideBar theme as well.

-Jonathan