Edit boot-up process.

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Sat Aug 27 15:20:35 UTC 2005

Hello,

I keep getting more kernel panics when I boot the clients. It happens
consistently after I reboot the server. Each time this is fixed by
running ltsp-update-kernels.

Therefore, I want to run ltsp-update-kernels during server boot-up. I
need some advice on the best way to do it. This is what I have in mind:

$ cd /etc/init.d
$ cat > ltsp-update-kernels
#!/bin/sh/

/usr/sbin/ltsp-update-kernels
$
$ ln -s ltsp-update-kernels rc3.d/S90ltsp-update-kernels
$

I think this is right, but I was hoping someone could confirm it. I
think that the right run-level is 3, and that S90 is a good place to put
it (after cron and before acpi-support, rmnologin and stop-bootlogd).

Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--