New Member

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 06:48:10 UTC 2005

Hi David!

> I'm mostly interested in documentation and text tools (which attracted
> me to Unix in the first place). I'm experienced with LaTeX, XML, HTML,
> XSLT, wrote export filters for OpenOffice and use DocBook. For
> Skolelinux/Debian-Edu I help with translation (en-de <> de-en), testing
> and documentation.

The Ubuntu Documentation Project also uses DocBook at work and we have
custom scripts that allow us to publish a page in different formats
(HTML, PDF, etc.).

> I also want to help Edubuntu and apply my skills where possible and
> appropriate. I also want to promote understanding and cooperation
> between Skolelinux/Debian-Edu and Edubuntu.

For Edubuntu, our biggest project in documentation at the moment is
the Edubuntu Cookbook, which is adapted from the tuXlabs Cookbook [1].
The Edubuntu Cookbook sourcefiles are currently in the Ubuntu docteam
svn located at trunk/edubuntu/EdubuntuCookbook/C/. You can do an svn
(subversion) checkout the current docteam work . [2]

I'm currently working on the book itself and would probably have an
updated (and approved) structure before the weekends. Of course, its
an open project so anyone is welcome. In case there are questions
about subversion, docbook, etc., I can probably help you as well.

There's also a Cookbook wiki on the Edubuntu page:
http://www.edubuntu.org/EdubuntuCookbook I will update them later.

[1] http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za/Members/jean/cookbook/docbook/cookbook.html

[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocteamStepByStepRepository

--