Edubuntu Cookbook update

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 04:31:27 UTC 2005

Hi!

After contacting some people, I finally got to download the docbook
source of the tuXlabs cookbook today. That means I don't have to
rewrite the whole thing again. (yay!) This should speed up the process
of adopting the cookbook for Edubuntu.

I did some mini comments on http://www.edubuntu.org/EdubuntuCookbook
on what can be done. In the following days, I should be able to make a
draft outline that would fit into Edubuntu, as well as lift some text
from the existing cookbook.

The original tuXlab cookbook source is just one big xml document; my
preliminary rewrite has 17 docbook files that consists the 16 chapters
and 1 index of the cookbook. Splitting the chapters would put some
sanity into the work so we could have visible milestones. I still plan
on finishing the tuXlab source rewrite, but since I already have the
source, it is not of high priority at the moment.

Pressure is mounting! I should be able to make visible progress in the
days to come, although I am not that optimistic at the moment of
having an Edubuntu Cookbook on release day.

--
Cheers!

Jerome G.