Accepted oem-config 1.0 (source)
cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 22 16:30:08 BST 2006
-> Component: main Section: admin
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 16:26:07 +0100
Binary: oem-config-gtk oem-config-udeb oem-config
Maintainer: Colin Watson <cjwatson at ubuntu.com>
Changed-By: Colin Watson <cjwatson at ubuntu.com>
oem-config - Perform end-user configuration after initial installation
oem-config-gtk - GTK+ frontend for end-user post-install configuration
oem-config-udeb - Prepare for end-user configuration after initial installation
oem-config (1.0) edgy; urgency=low
* Reorganise oem-config to have a reasonable frontend/backend separation,
thereby allowing for a future KDE port. This involved updating much of
the core to look more like ubiquity (since ubiquity's core was an
evolution of oem-config's), and a new UI using a single window/notebook
rather than a succession of dialogs.
* Casualties of this work include the whole base-config-like menu
structure and the include/exclude mechanism. The menu structure made it
difficult to avoid spawning a new dialog for each step, which was a poor
UI; I don't believe the include/exclude mechanism was heavily used, but
contact me if you were relying on it and it may be possible to restore
it in a new form.
* I haven't yet ported the new i18n infrastructure from ubiquity, so the
oem-config UI will be untranslated.
* Like ubiquity, we now incorporate source for all d-i components we use
under d-i/source/ and include them directly in our binary package,
reducing the number of complex interdependencies with d-i packages.
'debian/rules update' can be used to do automatic updates of these
copied source packages.
* Remove some leftover code that dealt with restoring the inittab, as we
don't do the temporary inittab thing any more.
* Fix kbd-chooser wrapper script to actually install the selected keymap
(though only for the console at present).
* Move from prebaseconfig to finish-install.
* Make oem-config Architecture: any, since it now includes kbd-chooser
* Add an oem-config-gtk package for the GTK frontend.
* Convert to python-support.
* Fix apt-install compatibility wrapper to use debconf's noninteractive
frontend, tell debconf not to send e-mail, avoid upgrading, ignore GPG
time conflicts, and suppress prompts.
* Update localechooser wrapper to handle /etc/default/locale (based on
localechooser 0.19) and to use /usr/share/i18n/SUPPORTED (based on
* Make more of an effort to display translated country names.
* Use /bin/bash for user-setup due to a dash test(1) bug.
* Language names are now sorted according to the local name for each
language (closes: Malone #47724).
29c762f27432b166f88c174745331602 793 admin extra oem-config_1.0.dsc
c939fe7a440c76ad1abb88ca80215dcf 401202 admin extra oem-config_1.0.tar.gz
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.3 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the edgy-changes