My sincerest apologies

Erich Eickmeyer eeickmeyer at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 9 14:49:09 UTC 2024

Good ${timezone} DMB,

I'd like to offer my sincerest apologies for something I may have
written yesterday in #ubuntu-meeting just prior to yesterday's DMB
meeting in an attempt to get the meeting going. I had a lot of personal
investment in Aaron Rainbolt's application, so I wanted to see it move
forward.

My intentions were to show that, although Sebastien (seb128) was taking
a day off from Canonical, he was still fulfilling his Ubuntu duties for
the DMB by being present for a vote, and therefore there was quorum and
that the DMB may proceed despite the questions from other DMB members
whether or not they should. Unfortunately, it may have come across as me
chastising him for his illness, and that was the furthest thing from my
intentions, although I know it was read that way from at least one DMB
member. My true intentions may not also have been appropriate, which
could be seen as meddling in the affairs of the DMB, for which I also
apologize.

I consider Sebastien a friend and ally would never fault him for taking
a day off for any illness, and I was actually surprised to see him
present.  I thank him that he was able to add his vote to confirm Aaron
as a MOTU. Adding to my benefit of the doubt, I'm sure the long delay at
the end was that he was simply reading backscroll and/or the application
further for consideration before adding his +1. :)

I want to make sure that we are all assuming good intentions, including
myself. I truly felt bad about yesterday and it did keep me up at night,
and it took me a while to process. Thanks for all you do, and I hope we
can all keep Ubuntu moving forward.

Sincerely,
Erich

--