Proposal: reduce the maxmimum number of applicants per meeting

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 5 20:18:24 UTC 2022

Today we handled the resumption of Frank's application, which was
postponed because we ran out of time at his previous application
meeting. Joshua was next, but we had to postpone his application because
we ran out of time finish the handling for Frank's application (it
didn't conclude, but to be fair, today's a public holiday in the US).

Currently https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/Agenda says:

    The Developer Membership Board will consider a maximum of two
    applicants per meeting. If there are already two applicants for the
    next meeting, please add yourself to the agenda and specify the date
    of the next meeting with fewer than two candidates that you will
    attend.

I propose to reduce this to one, because we seem to keep letting
candidates down, and they're going out of their way to make the meetings
that can be at awkward times for them. My feeling is that we won't run
out of scheduled meeting time to handle applications, and in any case
it's not like scheduling fewer applicants per meeting will make more
overall meeting time available.

Robie