Application to form delegated team for sosreport

Thomas Ward teward at ubuntu.com
Mon May 16 17:27:20 UTC 2022

I will point out also from an actionable-policy perspective:

While the DMB is unstaffed thanks to Dan holding up the request for a
new election to be run by the TB, **the DMB cannot action any requests
for package permissions, packagesets, etc. until a new election happens
and the DMB is restaffed**.

This is a problem that will break any packageset decisions and any
current technical operations/policies.  As long as the DMB is unstaffed,
decisions such as these on delegated packagesets, etc. cannot move
forward without a TB vote since the TB is the only one capable of making
these decisions when the DMB is unstaffed.  (Which is why the TB created
and delegated membership rights decisions and such to the DMB)

The Technical Board and/or SABDFL should take a "Just Do It" approach
and, despite any objections about the existing DMB vote, go forward with
the election for DMB members.  Because, without a DMB, nothing will get
done.  No new coredevs, no new SRU developers, no new contributing devs,
no new MOTUs, etc.

Thomas

CC'd: Technical Board