Alternative to wiki.u.c for application?

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Tue May 10 15:24:34 UTC 2022

Hi Simon,

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 08:20:23AM -0700, Simon Chopin wrote:
> I'd like to work on my Core Dev application, but sadly the wiki seems a
> bit broken, notably regarding the login part. As I seem to recall this
> having been an issue for quite some time now, I'd like to use a
> Discourse thread instead, with endorsements as replies to it. The
> standard community membership process apparently already uses this
> process, see https://discourse.ubuntu.com/c/community/membership/93

I think that's a great and pragmatic proposal to get things moving for
now, so a strong +1 from me. I think everyone else will probably agree
since the key thing is that we have the necessary information and
a Discourse thread will be fine for that.

I suggest for now that we keep the rest of the process the same - for
example it's useful to have the approval note in the ML thread on
devel-permissions@ thread since everything would be searchable from one
place then.