Application to form delegated team for sosreport

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Fri May 6 20:33:47 UTC 2022

Hey Dan, DMB,

Le 04/05/2022 à 19:12, Dan Streetman a écrit :
> So, any member have any further discussion for this before we vote?

We discussed it in the last meeting and I think it's an ok set to request.

I'm new in the DMB though and I'm unsure what is the standard flow for
new set. I would have expected a request for a new set to come in
response to a need, e.g one person requesting ppu for a/some packages,
then another member wanting similar rights, demonstrating that we would
benefit from have a set.

Going back to that specific request, you said you would be the first to
join. Do you have other members in mind that you think will join? Active
contributors to sosreport who regularly need sponsoring today but never
bothered requesting a ppu? Or do you see the creation of the set as a
first step to bring contributors onboard?

I hope the questions don't feel like I'm pushing back on the request
which I don't intend to do. I'm just trying to understand what are the
standard practices and when it makes sense to suggests to go the ppu way
rather than the new set one.

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher