Refreshing the packagesets before the release and how?

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 27 16:26:32 UTC 2022

On Fri, Apr 08, 2022 at 02:25:14PM +0100, Iain Lane wrote:
> welp, this turned out long, sorry about that

Thanks Laney for writing up such a detailed explanation!

Unfortunately this thread seems to have died. I think we need someone to
drive:

1) Catching up so the tool provides the same result as what the
packagesets currently say.

2) Taking steps towards full automation as Laney suggested.

The first step might need tweaking the script, or adding exceptions,
etc.

For those new to this thread, I'm referring to the script that
automatically determines the content of the server, desktop and flavor
packagesets by examining the seeds and applying appropriate rules.
Without this being maintained, the output of the script increasingly
diverges from what the packagesets actually say, and so DMB members
become increasingly reluctant to apply such a big change, and the whole
arrangement rots.

Is there anyone willing to volunteer to take the above steps? I don't
think it even really needs to be an existing DMB member - though if
you're not, then the final updates would have to be reviewed by someone
who is.

Robie