Application for per-package upload rights for openvswitch and ovn packages

Frode Nordahl frode.nordahl at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 14:06:31 UTC 2022

On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 2:10 PM Robie Basak <robie.basak at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 01:53:46PM +0200, Lukasz Zemczak wrote:
> > Let's start the vote for granting Frode Nordahl per-package upload
> > rights for packages of openvswitch and ovn.
>
> I did note that you had sought sponsorship for an SRU without having the
> SRU paperwork ready first (LP: #1857026). I found this while reviewing
> your application but as it happens it looks like I was also impacted as
> an SRU reviewer. Please don't do this - it wastes the time of multiple
> SRU reviewers because we keep having to look back at the bug - typically
> once per SRU shift - to see if it's ready again yet.

This is direct and accurate feedback and I want to apologize for having put
forward changes before having the SRU paperwork in order. Putting myself in
the position on the other end I would not be happy if someone did this to
me. I will make sure to not do this again and I thank you for giving me a
second chance.

> However I think the rest of your application is strong enough for PPU
> uploader.
>
> +1 and thank you for helping to make Ubuntu better

Thank you for a positive vote and for direct feedback on my past mistakes,
this is very valuable to me.

--
Frode Nordahl