DMB: proposal for adjustment to quorum rule

Dan Streetman ddstreet at canonical.com
Mon Oct 4 20:28:06 UTC 2021

On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 9:42 AM Robie Basak <robie.basak at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 05:46:52PM -0400, Dan Streetman wrote:
> > > D: A unanimous vote of members present is required.
> >
> > I think this is really a separate discussion, if applications need a
> > unanimous vote or not. Against this as a solution to this problem, but
> > I'm not necessarily against it as a separate motion.
>
> Sorry, I worded this one badly. Let me try again:
>
> D2: if an absolute majority is not possible because the number of voters
> required are not present at a meeting, then a unanimous vote of members
> who are present is sufficient to pass a motion that grants upload access
> to an applicant.

ah ok, thanks.

Since we're coming up to the holiday season, and meeting attendance
probably will be too sparse to vote on the proposals, I'd like to
suggest we vote on this proposal (and my previous proposal) over
email, as well as finishing any further discussion that's needed.

For this proposal, since we have multiple options, should we set up a
condorcet vote? That may help the DMB members to proceed to voting.