Rescheduling regular DMB meeting day/time

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 9 17:54:35 UTC 2021

On Tue, Nov 09, 2021 at 02:35:17PM -0300, Rafael David Tinoco wrote:
> > Usually these are social rather than technical things, such as a lack of
> > understanding of who is in charge of what. I consider this kind of thing
> > *more* important than technical ability, because when people know who to
> > ask and understand how we make decisions, then everything else can be
> > figured out by talking to people.
>
> That is exactly where we are diverging in our votes, lately. IMHO the
> process shouldn't be tied to "who is in charge", but in "how capable and
> trustful this applicant is".

I don't think it should be tied to "who is in charge" either. But I'm
strongly opposed to an applicant believing that if their application is
successful then they are being given decision making power for a
particular package. This is one reason I gave a -1 recently. The key is
in _understanding how decisions in Ubuntu are made_. If there's a
misunderstanding here, it's going to result in grief, regardless of "how
capable and trustful this applicant is".