DMB: proposal for minimum meeting attendance

Rafael David Tinoco rafaeldtinoco at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 25 20:22:02 UTC 2021

> Proposal:
>
> I propose amending the DMB rules of membership (which I don't think we
> have documented currently, in which case we should first write them
> down on our KB wiki page) to set a minimum attendance requirement as
> follows:
>
> "Any DMB member who fails to attend 6 consecutive scheduled DMB
> meetings (during a period no shorter than 12 weeks) shall be
> considered inactive and removed from membership in the DMB. At such
> time as any DMB member is found to be inactive due to this rule, the
> current DMB chair will add an action item to schedule a public vote
> for a new DMB member. This proposal is not retroactive, and the
> attendance requirement shall start the first meeting after this
> proposal is adopted."

I am +1 for this change. I'm concerned only about:

0) To have core developers willing to do the job.
1) we all got elected in the same election, should we have diff expirations ?
2) a way to have quick and fair applicants and elections.

But, again, I'm all in for the idea, just need to figure out how to
address those items IMHO.