Packages to Remove from ubuntustudio packageset

Rafael David Tinoco rafaeldtinoco at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 01:25:01 UTC 2020

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 10:51 PM Erich Eickmeyer <eeickmeyer at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I know we've talked for the past year about removing items from the
> Ubuntu Studio packageset in order to narrow the scope and keep too many
> hands from being in too many pots, so to speak. With that, I have taken
> the liberty to make a fairly long list of packages I believe are safe to
> remove and outside of the Ubuntu Studio scope, especially now that we're
> transitioning away from Xfce. Additionally, there are several packages
> that I can't even believe are part of the package set other than they
> may have been a dependency for something at some point.

Hello Erich, thanks for this list... based on the tooling we have, I
could get the following package list to be removed from ubuntustudio
packageset in groovy:

https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/MqdWQ6HR52/

It contains all the packages you brought to us (that I could check),
and some more. Let me know if there are any errors that you can find.

Cheers o/

-rafaeldtinoco