Re:Re: Re: handsome_feng - UbuntuKylin application (interview meeting)

handsome_feng jianfengli at ubuntukylin.com
Wed Jan 29 16:12:40 UTC 2020

Hi, Eric,

1. If the proposed-migration scripts say that the package is a valid candidate, but it still hasn't gone into the release pocket, this is because installing the package will break some other package. I should consider my package's dependencies.
And to investigate, I should refer to the textual output: https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/proposed-migration/update_output.txt , it gives hints as to which packages break when a valid candidate is added to the release pocket.

2. Seeds are the lists of packages we want to include in the distribution. If the distribution maintainer want to add or drop some
software from the distribution, he should modify the corresponding file of seeds, just as the Ubuntu Seeds commits show:
https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/ubuntu-seeds/+git/ubuntu/+ref/focal

Thanks,
handsome_feng

在2020年01月29 21时49分,"Eric Desrochers"<eric.desrochers at canonical.com>写道:

Hello Handsome_feng,

1. You uploaded a package in the current active development release, the package is marked as 'Valid candidate' but you don't see it in the release pocket yet.
What you would do and where would you go to investigate that particular situation ?

2. What's a seed ? Can you think of a reason to modify one ?

Thanks,
Eric