Core dev requirement for developer membership board seats?

Rafael David Tinoco rafaeldtinoco at ubuntu.com
Sun Jan 19 17:40:10 UTC 2020

> > On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 09:18:51AM -0500, Dan Streetman wrote:
> > > The SRU process is most certainly not 'narrow' ;-)  It covers the vast
> > > majority of what coredevs need to know, at least IMHO.
> >
> > I disagree.
>
> It's ok for us to disagree.
>
> Since there have been significant issues in the past both with finding
> applicants to join the DMB, as well as reaching quorum during the
> fortnightly meetings, perhaps it would be prudent to open the
> eligibility pool to include ~ubuntu-sru-developers, but ask them to
> abstain from voting (or at least refrain from casting the deciding
> vote) when evaluating a candidate for ~ubuntu-core-dev.

Quick orthogonal question: What if... joining CoreDev obligates one to
be a DMB member (or, at least, applicant) in that same year ? Or 1 year
later, after one is a bit more experienced ?

Based on latest membership:

Dave Chiluk  2017-03-03
Jeremy Bicha  2017-06-07
Christian Ehrhardt  2017-08-28
Balint Reczey  2017-11-15
Eric Desrochers  2018-03-26
Simon Quigley  2018-08-13
Andreas Hasenack  2018-09-24
Dan Streetman  2019-06-17
Rafael David Tinoco  2020-01-13

That would help in finding applicants to join DMB, it seems. I know nobody
likes these types of mandatory services... but sounds fair, no ?