Redkite to either Ubuntu Studio packageset or my personal PPU list

Erich Eickmeyer eeickmeyer at ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 15 00:47:26 UTC 2020

Hi Rafael,

On 8/14/2020 10:48 AM, Rafael David Tinoco wrote:
> On 14/08/2020 14:15, Rafael David Tinoco wrote:
>>> I haven't seen any movement on this yet [6]. I can haz perms for
>>> redkite? Please? [1][2][3][4]
>>>
>>> I have the new upload ready and I'd rather not bug Thomas since he is
>>> still recovering from his unfortunate sudden medical situation. [5]
>> $ edit-acl add -s redkite -S groovy -P ubuntustudio
>> Please enter password for encrypted keyring:
>> Added:
>> redkite
>>
> Erich,
>
> this is the result from the packageset autorun this week:
>
> ===
> Would remove sources from ubuntustudio:
> bchoppr
> bslizr
> ===
>
> I remember you just asked for those - and some other packages - to be in
> your packageset.. but, if not in your seed, they have to be added as
> exceptions.
>
> Should I add them as exceptions or you're updating your seeds ?
>
> Cheers
>
> -rafaeldtinoco

I needed those, at least temporarily, added as exceptions so that I
could get them to actually build due to an unforeseen gcc-10
incompatibility. They have since been added to the seed, so it surprises
me that they would be removed and I hope that's not an error in the tooling.

As for redkite, it should definitely be an exception since it will not
be directly seeded, but is a GUI toolkit development library created for
a certain set of audio plugins from a certain author and is expected to
be the latest version for the latest version of their plugins. So, thank
you for adding that.

:)

--
Erich Eickmeyer