Include fprint packages in the in ubuntu-desktop set

Dan Streetman dan.streetman at canonical.com
Tue Apr 21 20:54:44 UTC 2020

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 12:22 PM Sebastien Bacher <seb128 at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hey again,
>
> Would it be possible to also include fprintd and libfprint in the
> desktop exceptions? We are integrating those in gdm3/GNOME, I'm unsure
> if they are used by other desktops but the main user is Ubuntu Desktop

So, maybe you can clarify who needs/uses the desktop packagesets; I
see both "desktop-core":
https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/packagesets/focal/desktop-core

and "desktop-extra":
https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/packagesets/focal/desktop-extra

It seems like there are no uploaders at all for "desktop-core", while
"desktop-extra" does have uploaders, including ~ubuntu-desktop team.
I assume, then, the packageset you're asking about is "desktop-extra"?
 Since both your requested packages are already in the "desktop-core"
packageset, maybe the ~ubuntu-desktop team should be added as an
uploader for the "desktop-core" packageset?

I don't have context for the history of the packagesets, but that
seems like the most logical thing to do, assuming there is no reason
*not* to allow ~ubuntu-desktop upload rights to the "desktop-core"
packageset.