Dan Streetman's Core Developer application question and vote thread

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Thu May 23 22:09:51 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 09:32:09PM +0200, Lukasz Zemczak wrote:
> Please use this thread to ask questions. Not to wait indefinitely, the
> deadline for questions will the end of the week after which we will
> start the vote process.

Thank you for getting this started Lukasz, and sorry Dan that the
meeting did not reach quorum.

I'm pleased to see relevant recent uploads backing your application now.

Given what I feel was somewhat strained communicaion and interaction in
the past, I've been watching to see how you are working with the Ubuntu
development community and other core developers.

First, let's start with
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-discuss/2019-May/018345.html.
I appreciate you bringing this to the attention of the mailing list and
seeking consensus there. +1 for how you handled this!

A couple of other recent interactions give me some concern though. The
first one is
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnupg2/+bug/1825448. How do
you feel about how this went? Why have you not taken this to the
mailing list as I suggested?

The second is
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1806012 and the
related MP
https://code.launchpad.net/~joalif/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+git/systemd/+merge/367469.
I realise this is not your work, but you seem to be getting involved
from a high level perspective as an interested Ubuntu developer. What do
you think about the opposing positions to your view here, and if you
wanted to drive a resolution, how would you do it?

Finally, what are your concerns with your ubuntu-dev-tools fork? Is the
latest version
https://git.launchpad.net/~ddstreet/ubuntu-dev-tools/+git/ubuntu-dev-tools/log/?h=fork?
Are you still hoping to get this landed, and if so, how are you planning
to achieve that? What do you think is the current state of your branch
with respect to suitability for the archive? Are you intending to upload
to ubuntu-dev-tools once you are a core dev, and if so, what approach do
you intend to take?

Thanks,

Robie